Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sick Day

I hate being sick.

I seem to have caught some nasty cold that has taken over my body for the last FIVE days.

Memo to cold: I'm done.  You can vacate the premises. Mission accomplished.  My nose is red and raw from constantly blowing it.  I don't remember what it feels like to be able to breathe out of both nostrils AT THE SAME TIME.  I have imbibed my weight in hot tea, orange juice and other fluids.  I have seen the new face of daytime television and it is not pretty.  You can leave now.  Sincerely, Me.

Seriously.  This has been my constant companion for the last 5 days.


And, at this point, this isn't even the original.  I think I am on Tissue Box 6.0, at least.

I stayed home sick today just so I could try to sleep this thing off.  And, I saw some very interesting things on TV.  For instance, I finally saw the Hoda & Kathie Lee section of the Today show.  That is a hot mess.  I thought the Saturday Night Live skits were kidding; they're not!  That is exactly what that show is like!  Then, I watched about 10 seconds of "The View" before I couldn't take it anymore and had to turn it off before the ghosts  of Jane Adams, Alice Paul, and Susan B. Anthony came to haunt me. So I turned to the newly svelte Drew Carry and The Price is Right! Of course there was a marathon of the Real Housewives of Topeka or something, but I continued on and discovered this show on the SciFy channel (which I rarely watch) called "Moonlight."  It was craptastic.  Which is to say, so bad that I could not turn away.  Apparently, Alex O'Laughlin is a vampire who is also a private detective and he hangs around with a reporter and they solve crimes together?!!?!  Now, while Alex O' whatshisname is pretty to look at, he is sooooooo wooden.  And yet, I watched it.  ALL AFTERNOON.

I am so ready for this cold to be over.  I can't take much more of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment