Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's the Little Things in Life...

I had a little moment last night/early this morning.  And, since I have the disease known as sharingitis, I will tell you about it.

I went to bed last night around 10pm.  (I know; I am old…)  I was so tired that I had a hard time making it through one chapter of my book (currently, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief).

I finally made it to the end of the chapter and, before I could even put the book on the nightstand, I was asleep.  Yay!  I love sleep.

Sometime later, I woke up because I had to go to the bathroom.  I was also very hot because I was ensconced by the two cats (aka, personal radiators; I seriously think that those folks who talk about how great Citgo is for giving them heating oil should just go out to their local shelter and adopt some furry friends and they will soon be complaining that they need power to run the fan…  who knew something that weighs less than 10 pounds could produce more heat than a nuclear reactor????

I debated for a moment if I could just hold it until it was time to get up, because usually, I wake up to go to the bathroom at 5:13am or something really close to the time the alarm goes off and then I’m like “man, I just got cheated out of 17 minutes* of sleep.”  After realizing that it would probably not be a good idea to try to hold it, I decided to suck it up, get out of bed and just use the bathroom.

(yep, this blog has now devolved to me telling you about my bathroom habits.  You’re welcome.)

I tried a couple of times to get the cat on the outside to move, but Clara seems to gain about 50 lbs. when she’s sleeping and becomes an immovable object.  (curiously, she also insists on sleeping with some part of her touching me, usually her butt, hence the feline-induced night sweats…)  I finally (literally) chucked her off the bed and dashed, ok, stumbled down the hall in a sleepy stupor, to the bathroom.

Finished my business and stumbled back down the hall.  Climbed back into bed and glanced at the clock to see how much longer before the fateful buzz.

12:26 am.


I had HOURS left before the stupid, evil alarm would go off.  In fact, some people I know probably hadn’t even gone to bed yet!

I was sooooo happy.  And immediately nestled back in my bed to return to my joyful slumber.

Lame? Yes.  I’ll still take it as a small victory.

Like I said, it’s the little things…

*I usually do not do complex math that early in the morning.  Or, ever, really.  In all honestly, my real reaction is usually something along that lines of “%@#$^&@#* alarm clock…”

No comments:

Post a Comment